How to apply?

Join us

We accept applications in year 1/2/3 and 4 for students with a B2 in French. Students applying for a semester are not concerned by this level in French.


The admission process depends on your profile 

  • You are preparing or have a high school diploma, outside the French system
  •  You are preparing or have a high school or undergraduate diploma, in the French system abroad
  • You have an international undergraduate diploma

Admission on record 

An admission on record is possible on certain conditions For further information, please check out our page « admission on record »

The Etudes en France process

Most of our international go through the Etudes en France process.

The Etudes en France platform is completely online  and manages all of the enrolment procedures for an institute of higher education up until the visa request. Just create a private electronic file and follow the instructions.


Here are the 7 steps of the process :


  1. Information and orientation
  2. Online enrollment
  3. Compiling of the campus-France file
    • Personal information (passport, recent photo, address and an up-to-date CV)
    • Academic background and diplomas
    • The programmes you are applying to
    • Language skills 
  4. Submission, paiement and validation
  5. Campus France interview
  6. Validation or refusal from schools
  7. Compiling of the file for the interview at the consulate


The Etudes en France process only concerns 44 countries: 

Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, and Vietnam.


For more information about the plateforme

The competition Puissance Alpha

You are preparing or have high school diploma in the French system outside of France, you can take the competitive examination Puissance Alpha.


Admission on record ISEN Yncréa Ouest

At ISEN, we prefer applications through the Etudes en France platform (lien vers la plateforme) 

However, you can apply for admission on record if you are in one of the following two cases: 

  • the Etudes en France platform is not available in the country where you live 
  • you were not able to submit your application on the Etudes en France platform before the closing date for applications. 


The 5 steps of the admission on record procedure are

1.Download the ISEN admission on record application form from the ‘international’ section of our website.

2. Prepare your application :

  • identity document
  • transcripts of grades
  • certificate of B2 level proficiency in French.

3.Pay the application fee of 50€  

  • online: https://jepaieenligne.systempay.fr/ACOMPTE_SCOLARITE (the Family NAME and given name of the applicant must clearly appear on the transaction)
  • by bank transfer (bank details are provided for that purpose). You should send us the scanned receipt of the transaction (the Family NAME and given name of the applicant must clearly appear on the transaction).

4.Send your completed application form and the receipt of the application fee payment to international@isen-ouest.yncrea.fr

5.You will be notified by mail as soon as your application has been evaluated by the pedagogical commission. 

Cost of studies

Scholarship fees

Find the tuition fees

(Tuition fees are likely to be revised each year)

Admission process

Admission process

Your application has been accepted 

Here are the different steps :

Your application has been refused 

Different reasons could explain it : 

  • Your level is French is too low : we require a certificate of B2 level proficiency in French except for students from countries where French is an official language.
  • Your academic background is not suited for our programmes. We believe there is a strong risk of failure
Prepare your arrival


The student life and campus contribution is due every academic year by all students enrolled in higher education studies. 

International students (graduate, undergraduate and PhD) coming to France within the framework of an exchange program or doctoral stay, i.e. for less than a year, are automatically exempt from paying the CVEC and have no exemption certificate to provide 

The CVEC is « intended to promote the reception and social, health, cultural and sports support of students and to reinforce the preventive and health education actions carried out for them ».

 You pay online on the website.


For further information, watch the Campus-France tutorial.



Cost of living in France 

The cost of living in France varies depending on the area you want to live in and the type of accommodation you’re looking for. You should check out the price of:  

  • rent
  • insurances (home insurance, repatriation insurance)
  • transport pass
  • food 
  • leisure 

You will find further information in the section on our different campuses  (lien vers rubrique nos campus)


We recommend you look for accommodation as soon as possible : if you wait until September it will be more difficult to find something


The different types of accommodation:

  • Housesharing in the ISEN International House 
  • University residence halls managed by CROUS 
  • Student residences owned and managed by private companies 
  • Private apartments and shared rentals 

Further information about accommodation  in the document logement GB


We recommend you watch the Campus-France video on finding a home in France.


The CAF housing subsidy

International students are eligible to receive the CAF housing subsidy for their rented accommodation. This provides a reduction to up to 150€ on your monthly rent. The application process and required documents will be explained to you during the Orientation Session. 

We recommend you watch the video.



Usually French banks offer insurance packages as in France you will need: 

  • Home insurance

It is mandatory in France. It covers your house and belongings against life’s unexpected events.


  • Rapatriation insurance

Assistance is offered to people in case of unexpected illness or injury whilst travelling in France or abroad


  • Private labilité insurance 

It occurs in the event an accident, in or out of your home, that results in bodily injury or property damage that you are held legally responsible for.


French social security

Registration to social security is free and mandatory for all students in France, whether French or international. Thanks to this you won’t need to pay medical fees.

Campus France tutorials: Registration for Social Security – English subtitles

Afraid of forgetting some of these tasks ?

Please check our : Check-list 


You can also watch the Campus-France video about the first steps in France.

Orientation session for our international students

Orientation session

An Orientation Session will be organised on the Brest Campus during 3 days: from the 30 August 21 to the 01 September 20. It will be the opportunity to discover: 

  • Your new campus
  • Your future stakeholders 
  • Your future classmates and schoolmates 
  • The city of Brest


Check out the programme, available in June (coming soon)


Before my admission
How much are the tuition fees ?

For the year 2020-tuition fees depend on the program you have chosen and the year of the program you have been admitted in:

  • Post high school CGSI program : 3800€/year in Y1 & Y2
  • Post high school BIAST, BIOST, CENT, CEST & CIR programs : 6300€/year in Y1 & Y2
  • Y3, M1 & M2 : 7900€/year
How can I apply ?

To apply, simply register on the Etudes en France platform.

If you are studying in a French high school, you can apply through the Puissance Alpha competitive examination.

We also accept applications for admission on record. The application form can be downloaded from the ISEN website in the international section.

What is the required level of French proficiency?

A minimum of a B2 level in French is required.

Can I apply directly in year 2 or beyond ?

You can apply in Y1/Y2/Y3 and M1.

Do you have a January intake ?

No, we don’t have a January intake.

How will I obtain my visa ?

The visa application is done online on the Etude en France platform.

I have been admitted
How can I pay the downpayment?

The downpayment is to be paid in the month following your admission as notified on the Etudes en France platform. The deposit can be paid by bank transfer to the bank account the details of which we will send you.

How can I find accommodation ?
  • Possibility of CROUS accommodation (Brest & Caen)
  • Boarding school in Caen
  • Room at the ISEN international house (Brest)
  • Partnership with some private owners (Brest & Nantes)
  • Finding private accommodation on classified ads

We recommend that you book accommodation as soon as possible because in September many accommodations are already taken.

What are the minimum financial resources to come to France ?

Government requires international students to receive a minimum of €615/month in support of their living expenses.

Can I get an ISEN scolarship ?

At this time we do not have scholarships for international students. You must contact the scholarship services in your country.

I didn’t get my visa, will the downpayment be refunded ?

In case you don’t obtain your high school degree or your visa, and provided you send us a valid proof, the downpaypment will be refunded.

I applied for Brest but would like to change campus to be closer to my family, is this possible?

In case you wish to change campuses, you must inform us as soon as possible.

I need to pay the CVEC. What is it?

The CVEC is the Student Life and Campus Contribution. It is mandatory for all students in France. You can join online at the website.

It costs about 100 € except for scholarship students.

Organization of my stay in France
I arrive at the airport / train station and do not know anyone in my host city.

Airport or train station pick-up can be organized with advanced notice. Additional information will be communicated to you depending in due time.

As an ISEN student, will I be entitled to French social security ?

Of course, you will simply have to create an account on the platform, then upload supporting documents in order to receive a provisional certificate at first, more information here 

How can I get a visa extension Comment puis-je prolonger mon visa ?

The procedures have been dematerialized which makes things more simple. As soon as you get your visa, you will have to register. Link here.

I have heard about insurance in France?

There are several insurances which you need to subscribe:

  • Accomodation insurance
  • Personal liability insurance
How can I get financial aid for housing ?

Upon your arrival in France, you will have to register on the CAF website.

How will I know about health measures if there are any ?

Anne-Marie Miras, the international recruitment coordinator will be in touch with you throughout your stay at ISEN.

When I am looking for housing, I am asked for a guarantor but I don't have one. What can I do?

The Visale guarantee which can be used as a guarantor. More information here.

My online classes
If I have not arrived at the beginning of the school year, will I be able to follow the courses ?

You will first be able to follow the courses online on our Digital Workspace.

When you arrive, we will give you the different handouts.

On which platforms do the online courses take place ?

The online courses take place on our Digital Workspace.

The intake
When does the academic year start?

The academic year starts at the beginning of September.

What equipment do I need for the first day ?
  • A laptop computer is mandatory 
  • A bag,
  • A notepad
  • Some pencils will also be useful.
Is there a welcome seminar for international students ?

Yes, a welcome seminar will be organized on the Brest campus at the end of August.